Pastor Mike Aylestock has taught in three Bible colleges for over thirty years. In these classrooms, he has honed his thoughts regarding a number of doctrines and issues.
The following are lists of articles and other materials that he has written or collected for use in classrooms and church-plants. Perhaps you will find them of interest.
Church-Planting and Pastoring
- Organizing a Church
- Getting Started Right Financially
- Lessons from Richard Major (Virginia Church-planter in the 1700′s)
- Paying a Pastor
- Budget Adoption Procedures
- Government of the Church
- Pastor & Pastoral Staff Relationships
- Articles of Faith
- Constitution & By-Laws
- Joining the Core (Leadership Standards)
Tools for “Passing My Faith” to My Children
Children raised in Christian homes and churches are abandoning the faith! What can you, as a parent, do to help your children embrace Jesus Christ for life? Check out “What is Happening?” below:
- What is Happening?!? — What you can do as a parent to “Pass Your Faith” to your child.
- Articles of Faith Catechism — A Q&A booklet that matches CBC’s Articles of Faith.
- Baptist Bar Mitzvah Certificate — How we welcome our children to adulthood…at age 12.
- Christmas Story in Chronological Order — Teach your child the real Christmas story…all of it!
- Week of Jesus Passion in Chronological Order — Teach the events of this action-packed week.
Baptist & Church History
- Baptists in History, W. D. Harvey
- Our Baptist Heritage, Dr. Bruce Cummons
- Our Glorious Heritage, written in 1893
- The Anabaptists: neither Catholics nor Protestants, William McGrath
- Why Baptist Distinctives?, Dr. Richard Weeks
- Why Be a Baptist?, Rev. Norman Pipe
- Why I Am a Baptist, Joe Odle
- Why Baptist’s Are Not Protestants, Dr. Chester Tulga
Local Church vs. Universal Church
- Universal Church Issue Summary
- Origin & Development of the Universal Church Theory, Dr. Thomas Strousse
- Riches of John Bunyan
- Book of All Religions – Spirit Baptism
- Why I Am a Baptist – 1925 vs. 1963, Joe Odle
- Ecclesiology (Lecture #1)
- “In Christ” or A Part of His Body?
- Baptized by One Spirit into One Body (1 Corinthians 12:13), Forrest Keener
- Baptism, Indwelling and Filling
- Baptism of the Holy Spirit, I. K. Cross
Material Sold on CD’s
- Wine in the Bible (2 lessons, audio & printed material)
- Why CBC Uses the KJV (audio lesson & printed material, w/ PowerPoint)
- Faithful Deacons (7 sermons, audio & printed material, w/ PowerPoint)
- Principles for Effective Parenting (25 lessons, audio & printed material, w/ PowerPoint)
- The Epistle to the Ephesians (college course, w/ PowerPoint)
- The Gospel According to Matthew (college course)
- Discovering CBC (prospective church members, w/ PowerPoint)
Email the church office to inquire about the purchase of these materials.