What brought you to our website today? What information are you looking for? Are you…
- Considering Christianity?
- New to Church Attendance?
- New to Community Baptist Church?
- What Should You Expect?
What is Christianity all about? The Creator of all things reached down to His creation and provided a way that we could enter into a relationship with Him. That relationship was hopelessly impossible because He is absolutely holy and sinless while we are sinful. A relationship is as impossible as mixing oil and water. But God did the impossible. He came to earth to live in our place and voluntarily endure the punishment owed to us because of our sin. Having done so, our Creator offered us entrance into His family and a relationship with Him that is fulfilling and eternal.
God offers to us a relationship, not a religion. Jesus said: “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)
We exist to share that relationship with you. For more information on the relationship that Jesus offers, check out our “Heaven” tab.
“Church” is a gathering of friendly people worshiping God. This gathering has at its core a group of committed church members who have banded together like a team with a purpose of accomplishing Jesus’ mission. Also in this gathering are many people at various stages of searching out, understanding and knowing God.
When we gather together we sing, pray and listen to God’s Word preached. Our main weekly gathering occurs Sunday mornings @ 10:00. Come and check us out.
Considering attending one of our services? You will find this to be a friendly group of people who enjoy being together. Regardless what are the nuances of your life or your particular ethnic background or personal struggles – you are welcome here!
Want a couple options?
- The best way to become integrated into the life of the church is to come to one of our adult “Bible Study Fellowship” (BSF) classes. These groups are the best place to build relationships. While these adult groups meet, our children attend Sunday School classes. You can learn more about our adult BSF’s and children Sunday School classes under our “Ministries” tab. These classes meet on Sundays at 9:00 a.m.
- If you merely want to observe this church family, come to one of our 10:00 a.m. Sunday services. We will have a nursery and children’s church available for children from birth to age 8 for those families who find that to be helpful. For families who desire to worship together as a family, we welcome too. If, during a service, an active child becomes too active, we have rooms at the back of the auditorium where a parent can go to sit with their child while still able to see and hear all that occurs in the auditorium without worrying about being a distraction to others. Are you curious as to why some families purposefully have their school-age children in the auditorium rather than an entertaining children’s ministry? Learn more on our “Children” tab – “Our Concern” and “We’re Family Friendly!”
Dress Style – Wondering how people dress? Those who regularly attend CBC dress anywhere from casually to their “Sunday best.” People seem to be comfortable either way and are never judged for dressing too dressy or too casual. You’ll be just fine.
Music – Wondering about our music? Our music is traditional with excitement. You will enjoy a range of older and newer hymns sung with a spirit of love and adoration to the God who saved us. Our choir and musicians (acoustical piano, keyboards and sometimes some brass and stringed instruments) provide soul-stirring leadership in our music directed toward God.
Preaching Style – Wondering about the spiritual meals served at CBC? We are not into political correctness or a reinterpretation of the Bible to mold it to our culture’s expectations. We are not even trying to become mega-big via a watered-down message. Neither are we interested in riding the “hobby horses” of some pet ideas. Rather, we are interested in faithfully helping people discover God’s truth regarding today’s life issues through a careful explanation of what God said in His eternal message to us – the Bible. Our pastor usually preaches series of messages dealing with Bible books and topics. And he does so with the conviction that we can know God and His truth, and that His truth can enrich our lives.
Money – Wondering if you will need your checkbook? We do not ask for contributions from our guests. CBC is financed by the generous financial giving by the members and regular attenders. We do not expect or ask for a contribution from our guests.
Be our guest this Sunday! Directions to CBC